Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kitchen Banquette

Hello! So, we've been in our home for over seven years, meaning it's time to do some work. Our kitchen is ideally suited to having a built-in seating area, so one of our projects will be a banquette. I've been looking for inspiration so I can show my husband what I envision. This is what I've found after a quick search.
The shape of the second bench is what I imagine, but it will probably be glossy white, painted plywood. I will put a bright cushion cover across the seat, with throw cushions for the back. I don't like the vinyl, but I do like the white and bright mix of the fourth photo, and our table is similar to that table. And I'm not really a red person, but the two red banquettes look so cheery to me. I do like the stripes and the natural wood in the third photo. The last photo is a bad scan, but I had to include it because I've been looking for that photo in my old magazines for two days, and I finally found it! I remembered the tulip base with the square top, the banquette, and the whiteness of it. Also inspirational. Our walls are white, cabinets a light natural color, and our countertops almost black. I've only put together one mood board in my life, but maybe I'll make one for this to get my ideas solidified. Thoughts??

photos 1 and 5: Elle Decor... 1 via Patricia Gray, 5 scanned by me. 2,3, and 4: Better Homes and Gardens.

6 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I love banquettes & you can always change them from time to time with different cushions & fabric for a new look.

Cashon&Co said...

i'm a BIG fan of banquettes and have done one in almost every home i've decorated. i CAN'T wait to see your finished product!!! Great idea, most people forget to use space this way or are timid about doing it. i love your inspirations!

kristi @ lovelyvelo said...

the 2nd is my favourite!

drollgirl said...

oh, i love these examples. just fabulous. and so hard to choose a favorite. humph.

this is very important said...

love the shape of the second one! and the natural wood. but i definitely have floor lust with the first black and white check. O, what kitchen dreams!

Splendid Willow said...

Oh Liza, how fun! We have been thinking of putting one in ourselves. I get all nervous about the upholstery, though. We have 3 young, messy kids, 2 cats and a zillion kids over all the time. I am thinking the banquette in the last image would be the only kids friendly! Great photo BTW - and I also noticed the square top! Wonderful change!

ox, Mon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...