Friday, July 27, 2012

Hiking in Telluride

Hi all! We're back home after a few terrific days hiking in breathtaking Telluride, CO.
We loved our active getaway. My husband and I hiked thirty miles in three days, up and down 10,000 feet total. Our rewards were lots of solitude, phenomenal views, marmots and pikas, old cabins, wild flowers like crazy, and (of course) chocolate. We have Grandma, Grandpa and Auntie to thank for our sojourn; they whisked Eddie off to Disneyland for some magical days of their own. I may play with instagram and post a few more pics, just because it's fun! I hope you've had a beautiful week. I look forward to catching up. Have a great Friday!

update: we took photos 2-8 on this trail, 9-11 on this trail, and 1, 12-15 sort-of on this trail.

6 comments:

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

How lovely. The scenary is breathtaking and I can I just imagine how fresh the air must be. Lucky you two getting a little time away.

Unknown said...

Keep posting, Liza! Your blog gets more beautiful all the time. Less posts, perhaps, but so lovely!

xxxooNonie

liza said...

Thank you, Victoria and Nonie!

Laura. said...

oh, man. your kid goes to disneyland and you don't even have to take him! you get to hike in the most gorgeous corner of the earth (imo). i sure do miss those mountains. even though i now call minneapolis "home", the san juans are what i think of as my home in my heart forever.

liza said...

Laura!! Hahaha - exactly on the disney! So good to hear from you. Trees are turning colors (or color) as we speak - I can't believe it. Happy fall to you!

Batya said...

These photos of Telluride are gorgeous! We moved to Colorado from NYC 14 months ago. And as part of my New Years Resolutions I would like to hike Telluride (never been) in the summer and snow shoe (never done) this winter! I'm so glad to have stumbled across your site. It's lovely! Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...