Monday, June 1, 2009

Cabin in the Northwest

Before I moved to Colorado, I somewhat seriously considered moving to Seattle. While it seemed like a beautiful city, it was the lush countryside that really inspired me. It was the threat of rain that kept me away (I remember weeks of rain and a huge flood in the news after my visit). Here in Colorado, we have 300+ days of bright sun a year and I love it. But I DO miss tree canopies and lush ground cover. And moist air. If I'd lived in Seattle (and garnered some high-power position) I'd surely have this very cabin in these very woods!
Photography by John Granen for Metropolitan Home.

5 comments:

hmstrjam said...

looks glorious! I'm with you, rain all the time would not do!

liza said...

I love the big eaves - and all the green! Thanks so much for visiting again hmstrjam!

ticklishfromadistance said...

These are amazing. Yes, the rain would be the clincher. I had a friend who wanted to move there for 15 years. When her kids were grown, she and her husband picked up and took the leap. It lasted 7 months as she thought she was going to drown! Not quite the same as summer vacations!

liza said...

See? Too depressing.

Megan @ Pink O'Clock said...

i've been dying to go to seattle lately, too. these photos are so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...