Monday, July 26, 2010

Black and White for E - One

Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend. My niece is heading off to prep school in a month and she's decided to decorate her dorm room in black and white. She's a young teenager, and she has great style and intelligence. I've created this first moodboard for her based on this beautiful image...Her room will certainly be a lot smaller than this one, with a twin bed, bureau, desk and roommate provided! I mostly concentrated on bedding, throw pillows and a few accessories. This bed image is from West Elm, to show my sister and niece how the parachute duvet cover looks. It's feminine but sophisticated, I think. Click on the moodboard to enlarge and see the details more clearly...
Here's where you can find the: corwin and mociun pillows, tulip chair from Target, west elm organic cotton blanket, west elm parachute duvet cover, PB Teen task lamp, Format desk accessories from CB2, Jonathan Adler hugs pillow, black sheepskin pillow from overstock.com, tin mug from hindsvik on etsy, zebra print rug from amazon, cable knit pillow from a crooked sixpense on etsy, and three choices for a colorful print: sailboat print from mengseldesign on etsy, wishbone chair print from treasury designs on etsy, love print from Jennifer Ramos on etsy.
I hope to put together a few more black and white with pops of color boards this week, so stay tuned!

top image from The Beautiful Soup.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love what you've chosen! I bought the "Hugs" pillow. Can I give it to her from you as a b-day present (as thanks from me?)? I love the lamp, the cable knit pillow, and the sailboat print. I bought them for her birthday. I'll wait on the rug (which is great) and bed covers until I see her room, but would love to see other ideas, too. I may send you an inspirational Dave Mathews poster for George's room. Thank you!!! HUGS!!! PS- Did you see the other pillow on the Adler website which says "Drugs". I did a real double take, "Wait a minute...that's not what Liza posted!"

ticklishfromadistance said...

Great post. Black and white is always refreshing to me.

Palmer and Co said...

LOVE these! Wow! You totally have a knack for this!

Splendid Willow said...

What a fun and creative Aunt she has!

Love everything! Fresh, chic, eclectic and fun!

Also love the prints you chose.

oxox, Mon

http://www.splendidwillow.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...