Sunday, December 26, 2010

Gifts

ShukuruMutaraI hope you've had a beautiful holiday weekend! Our Christmas was so nice. It was a happy, quiet day, and we felt very loved with all the thoughtful gifts we received from family.
I did not do quite so well as they did in the giving department this year, but I did love fostering Shukuru and Mutara (gifts to my sisters) again this year through the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Kenya. Among other significant conservation projects, the Trust takes in and raises orphaned elephants and rhinos. With a small donation, you can foster a young elephant or rhino for a year. I'm happy to report that Shukuru and Mutara (each almost one and a half years old) are thriving.

1 comment:

Rita said...

aww...they are so cute..:) I love the whole idea!
hugs
J.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...