Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The No-Clutter Quest

It's time for some reorganization! There are so many toys, clothes, magazines... so much mail, work, and just stuff! First, we need to cull (the toughest part for me), then organize. I'm definitely in the cut-throat, brutal frame of mind necessary for getting stuff out of the house, though! I truly dislike the plastic bins currently holding our legos, train sets, cars, clothes, and all kinds of things. We can re-purpose those for any deep storage needs (hopefully few). We need containers that look fun and neat in the open or on shelves. See those baskets above?? Thanks to the current issue of Domino, I see how they can look, I like the look enough to go with it, and they won't break the bank...

They are washable! They're the right size to fit in the units in Eddie's room or on our bookshelves in the playroom. You've seen them before, IKEA's Komplement woven baskets. (I love the colorful tags Domino's shown, too, but I seriously doubt I'll get everything labeled!) I do wish they were made of a natural material (hemp?), but I think I'll get them anyway.

Ahhhh, more inspiration in the continuing quest for order, from Living Etc.....


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...