Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Loving This Porch...and Kitchen, Bedroom and Pool

Whenever I come back to high (snowy, cold!) country from South Carolina, I have dreams of a low (sunny, balmy!) country home with a porch like this...Doesn't it look comfortable and cool for a hot day? Look at those welcoming chaises. Aaaahhh. These rooms in the home and the pool area are pretty great, too...This home, on John's Island, SC, is the dream retreat of Dutch born empty-nesters Gee and Nico van Vliet. Read more here.

Photos by Peter Frank Edwards for Charleston Magazine.

6 comments:

Cashon&Co said...

yes, love the south and their porches! i hope your trip was good. I wouldn't mind being in the colorado mountains right about now though. the flowers are blooming i'm sure and our mosquitoes are now out in full force. jealous!

Unknown said...

Seems like the ideal retreat to me!

ticklishfromadistance said...

This post did it. I have been debating whether to paint the shelves I purchased for my kitchen white. I have been taring at them for about six months! My wall color is very similar. Love it!

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Welcome back, Liza. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful photos. I feel like I have taken a mini vacation. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

all of it. i'm ready to move. it's perfect! so glad you had a wonderful trip, i'm so behind in my blog reading, it's so great to catch up with you :)
we had some slightly slushy rain this last weekend here in mn, and everyone was freaking out about it (we had a really balmy march and april). i kept thinking of the weather in co and how crazy it is. these minnesotans have no idea :)

Mariel Torres said...

absolutely beautiful! seems like the perfect summer getaway :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...