Monday, May 9, 2011

Wright Scandinavian Design

Happy Monday! I hope it was a beautiful Spring weekend for you. I'm excited to be starting this week, and I can't believe we're moving into the middle of May already. Where is the time going?! My Mother's Day was lovely and quiet. If you celebrated, I hope yours was happy, too.
Wright will have its next Scandinavian Design Auction this Thursday the 12th. It was hard to choose, but here are my favorites...

They are, from the top: a pair of Hans Wegner folding chairs, a (beautiful!) Ingrid Dessau hand-woven wool rug, a Piet Hein Ursa Major Candelabra, a pair of Preben Fabricius and Jorgen Kastholm Bird chairs, an Astrid Fog necklace by Georg Jensen, a set of Erik Buck stools, and a Poul Henningsen 3/2 floor lamp. See all of them and more at Wright. And have a good day!

10 comments:

ticklishfromadistance said...

All wonderful. That rug i amazing.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

So great- I went to see a show in Las Vegas a few months ago called 17 Swedish Designers- So inspirational is the economics of the design.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Wow I actually have a chair like the first photo but without the little handles. I found it at a yard sale years ago. Because it folds up, we took it with us to France & now it is in our little house in France. I am sure it is not the real deal, but only a knock off. However, I have always loved it & wondered about its origin. After seeing this post I have been googling trying to find out more. Thanks, liza!

liza said...

Sally, when you get there you must check!

Cez said...

love all of them..great selection!!!!
xoxo Liza

Rita said...

lovely chairs! and lamp and..everything is so beautiful!:))
hugs
J.

Anonymous said...

LOVE those stools!

Did I miss something? You guys are moving? Always so exciting (and stressful)! Good luck!

tinajo said...

I like your picks! :-)

Hope you´re having a great day! :-)

Unknown said...

These are all really incredible. I love Scandinavian design so much. That rug is exceptionally dreamy!

Designbird said...

Great selection! I love the Wegner chair, so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...