Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Miller House

Happy mid-May to you! Time is flying and I've not been here much. But I saw The Miller House on The North Elevation today and I had to post about it too. The Indianapolis Museum of Art has just opened it to the public. This is a must-see for me...Designed in the early 1950s for J. Irwin Miller in an amazing collaboration by Eero Saarinen, Alexander Girard and Dan Kiley, it is a modernist masterpiece. I, for one, am thankful to the Miller family and the Indianapolis Museum of Art for letting us in. Do go visit The North Elevation, The Indianapolis Museum of Art and Dwell for more.

Photos from the Indianapolis Museum of Art and by Leslie Williamson for Dwell. All found thanks to The North Elevation.

11 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

great photos- looks like an amazing place.
I like that walkway- wish my HOA would let me do things like that!

A Perfect Gray said...

fantastic place. how wonderful to have that book of plans and swatches and aren't they still fresh today...? donna

ticklishfromadistance said...

So great. I love the last image. So insightful and cool!

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

So interesting, Liza! It is wonderful that it is so well preserved. All those great details & fabric swatches. Amazing! Maybe when in Boston you might have a chance to see the modernist enclave in Lincoln Ma. Also interesting!

tinajo said...

Wow, such a special place! :-)

Menthe Blanche said...

Oh I would like to visit it. Great pictures!

Rita said...

ohh..the kitchen looks fantastic!:)first time I started thinking about different (than white) color of furniture;)
hugs
j.

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

I wish I were nearer to visit this. Looks fabulous. Love the colours and very modern feel about it.

Cez said...

really nice..i love this period!!!!! hope you are good Lisa!! big hugs
xxxx

Theresa said...

Hi Liza,
I haven't been here in awhile. Nice to be back. Please come say hi and check out our surprise about Skylar.

Unknown said...

WOW! That aqua kitchen is absolutely stunning! I love this style of architecture, so awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...