Friday, June 3, 2011

Love Her

Happy Friday to you! I've been absorbed in life here lately, so not very present on the blog. I apologize. This morning, though, I found this lovely painting...at Sotheby's. Love her and wanted to share her here. I'm taken with her sweet confident expression, her swept-back brunette hair, the suggestion of a diaphanous white off-the-shoulder dress, the delicate pink flower, the happy summery light.
I hope June has been beautiful for you so far. We are off for our first camping adventure this weekend and we can't wait. We've been through an adorable kindergarten graduation, and then I went off for a few days to my college 25th reunion. Marvelous time with old friends, and a mini reunion with my sisters in Boston following the college adventures. I'm happy to be home, finally experiencing some warm sunshine here in the mountains. I've been catching up with some of you and I'm overwhelmed with inspiration! Thank you for that. I hope your weekend is great. Thanks so much for visiting.
Portrait of Yolanda Lacca by Konstantin Alexeevich Korovin at Sotheby's auction of Important Russian Art June 6th.

5 comments:

Evie said...

So pretty! Although I didn't picture her as a "yolanda"

liza said...

Evie- That's funny! And I agree. Thanks for visiting!

jane said...

hey! i also went to school in boston! (25 years ago) i miss that town. :)
hope all is well liza!
hugs!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

wow- she is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing- hope all is well!

A Perfect Gray said...

she's a beauty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...