Sunday, July 5, 2009

Does Anyone Know Who This Is?

We had a visitor a few minutes ago...Does anyone know what kind of bird this is? He was big (not like a hawk, but bigger than a woodpecker). His call was a high squeak that made me think a hawk was in our tree. Then I found this guy. Wow. I do love living here!

Update: Jamie is not only a very talented artist, but she's also knowledgeable about birds! This friend is a Flicker. Thank you, Jamie! He's a type of large woodpecker, which seemed to be the case because of his beak. I think he's a Northern Flicker, but he could be a Gilded Flicker.

6 comments:

Megan @ Pink O'Clock said...

what a cool bird! :)

Kellie Collis said...

He is very beautiful... Your photos are lovely too!

ticklishfromadistance said...

wow! amazing. no clue who he is but gorgeous comes to mind!

dee said...

Oh, how beautiful! I don't know but he is spectacular.

liza said...

Thank you everyone! Hmmmm... I'll have to do some research, I think.
Kellie, thank you and I'm so glad you visited!

hmstrjam said...

beautiful! I love the spots, he's a flicker!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...