Thursday, April 28, 2011

Madeline Weinrib's Studio Space

Happy Thursday to you! I'm loving Madeline Weinrib's NY studio office as featured in New York Magazine. What an inspiring, treasure-filled space...Of course, most of the carpets and fabrics are her own designs, as are many of the art pieces. That fantastic folded suzani under the sleeping pup is an antique, and oh how I'd love to have it! Even the bowls filled with embroidery thread are so beautiful. The Suzani fabric embroidered in blue is one of Weinrib's newest, inspired by Matisse. I do love peeking into the creative environments of seriously talented, intelligent people. Don't you?

All photos from NY Magazine, most by Wendy Goodman. The conference space photo is courtesy of Madeline Weinrib.

5 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Yes, I absolutely love seeing other artists work & home spaces. This one is wonderful! Thanks, Liza, for sharing it.

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Oh...my...I can only imagine having a studio of this magnitude. I try really hard not to envy what others have, but every now and then...I fail miserably. :) Beautiful inspiring post!
xOx

liza said...

Sixpence- I know how you feel. I try so hard to aspire to such beauty without envying it! Very difficult indeed. Sally, thank you for your always kind comments!

Splendid Willow said...

Ohhh - how lovely! Hard to not be creative in that environment!

I wish I could afford one of her beautiful rugs. One day...!

Warm hugs to you lovely Liza!

Mon

http://www.splendidwillow.com

Anonymous said...

wow what an amazing place. hard not to envy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...