Monday, April 4, 2011

Playroom

Happy new week! It snowed yesterday. Hard. So we took the opportunity to organize a bit. A while back I told you I was working on our playroom. It's still stuffed with Legos, but this is the neatest it's been yet, so here are some photos...
When Eddie creates a Lego car (which is every day) he keeps it for months in the bookcase. It's tough to keep the collection looking neat, but his creations are a lot of fun. Ah well. And I wasn't able to do away with the Lego table, but my husband raised it up and I made a simple cover for it that is so much better than the sheet that covered it before.Our shelves...Eddie's shelves...The additional storage cubes are working well...Little pig.So there it is! A goal is to bring in nothing more unless some goes to good will. I still want to get a flokati, and the artwork for the walls is out being framed. As it evolves, I'll try to show you more. I'll be back tomorrow. My husband and I are off to ski in the new powder!

13 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Wow Liza, this is the neatest most organized playroom I have ever seen! It is charming as are the wonderful little lego creations!
....& wow you have more snow!? We came back to snow in Boston on Friday but it is raining now & that just might be the last of it. Daffodils are starting to bloom. At least you can ski!! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I love your color-coordinated organization! ;)

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

It looks fab. Love all the cars Eddie makes. We have that garage too! Now I thought my Luca had a huge amount of Lego - shelves of built stuff - but looks like you have a small mountain there !!! Hope you enjoyed the skiing.

liza said...

Thanks everyone! Tinyk, you noticed! Victoria, it IS a mountain! They are taking over! And the skiing was terrific, thank you. And Sally, I miss daffodils.

Arctic Mum said...

Wow, impressive, and I absolutely love the bookshelves (and the books too). The small table for him is also neat, and practical!

Cez said...

wow...love the lego's cars on shelves...Fantastic!!!
xxxx

Unknown said...

I love that you have the bookshelves arranged by color! Such a neat and inspirational looking playroom. Sorry you got hit hard with snow :(

Anonymous said...

oh! i like the mix of grown-up and kid stuff, i think it works really well together and i like how eddie's cars are all on display!

RIZALENIO said...

I was smiling reading and looking at your photos. And...it makes me want to buy legos for myself later...and small pig toy. :)

Solid Frog said...

Your home looks lovely! Hope you had a nice ski adventure in the powder snow. Here it's finally spring :)

Splendid Willow said...

Liza, looks fantastic! Makes William's room look like crap!! (:

Our boys have the same wooden parking garage. You will see it in my final reveal.

5 stars my friend.

Mon

http://www.splendidwillow.com

Menthe Blanche said...

What a nice play room! And what organization, I am admiring.

Rebecca said...

Those lego cars are amazing! I can see our playroom being stuffed with some of those a few years down the line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...