Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dodie's Things

I think it's the calm textures that caught my eye in each of these...Simple, beautiful textures. These belonged to Dodie Rosenkrans, a major philanthopist and patron of the arts, and are at auction at Sotheby's next week. Really, these are just a few relatively small (though not inexpensive) things from her grand, opulent, multifaceted estate: an Chinese amphora, a set of George I pine chairs from the 1720s, and an African vessel. I think these would work quite nicely in my environment!

3 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Liza, I always love the beautiful things you find to share!

liza said...

Thank you, Sally, for all your kind comments!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I love those chairs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...