Friday, March 30, 2012

Happy Weekend and Minka

I hope you have a happy weekend. If you have fifteen minutes, Minka is just a beautiful film about John Roderick's and Yoshihiro Takishita's traditional Japanese farmhouse. I plan to buy Roderick's 2007 book Minka, My Farmhouse in Japan too.Thanks so much for visiting me this week. Go outside this weekend!

Images are screenshots from Minka.
Minka by Birdling Films on Vimeo. Thanks to Janis's Pinecone Camp for recommending both the film and the book.

9 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

This is so beautiful, liza. Thank you so much for sharing this. I want to learn more!

A Perfect Gray said...

that was most beautiful. now I'll have to get the book, too.

you always have something wonderful here, liza. thanks, donna

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Would love to take a look at this film- thanks

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Just found 15 mins to watch this little movie and its fabulous. Thanks for posting it.
I've seen the fire that has spread In Colorado. Hope you are all safe.

Kimia Kline said...

i got a chance to study abroad in japan in college and promptly fell in love with all japanese interiors. thank you for sharing about this film-will most certainly add it to my list!

liza said...

I'm so glad you are all watching! I did three times so far. Love it. We are safe from fire, thanks Victoria. We are very worried about this summer though in the mountains. With very many trees dead from beetle-kill and very little snow this winter, it will be a scary time.

Melissa Blake said...

Hi -- just found your blog. Those are lovely images! Happy weekend to you! xoxo

Menthe Blanche said...

Oh, sure, I'll take the time to watch it this weekend. I love Japanese architecture. Thank you for sharing this.

Lynne said...

I finally found some time to sit and watch.
How beautiful and poignant.
I see why it won awards because it is a story that will remain after the film has ended.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...