Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday

Happy Saturday all. It's been a beautiful, sunny, busy week here, so not much blogging. Random, but I've been thinking a lot about Alexander Calder this week. Probably because Joel pinned a photo of his home, and because our friend commented on the fish Eddie made last summer. So, I've been browsing the Calder Foundation site. I love these archival photos of him and his work...Have a great weekend!
All photos copyright Calder Foundation. 1. Feminite c. 1930, photograph by Marc Vaux; 2. Calder with Josephine Baker c. 1928; 3. Josephine Baker 1926, photograph by Peter A. Juley; 4. Praying Mantis 1936; 5. Calder in his Paris studio, 14 rue de la Colonie, fall 1931, photograph by Marc Vaux; 6. Calder with Steel Fish, Roxbury, 1934, photograph by James Thrall Soby.

5 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Oh, I love Alexander Calder! These photos are great! Thanks for a wonderful Saturday treat!

RIZALENIO said...

Awesome masterpiece. Happy weekend.

Meine Dinge Franka said...

Great artist!

Thanx for sharing!
♥ Franka

Rebecca said...

I LOVE Calder. He was my first big inspiration when I started making jewelry. Such a genius with metal. Thanks for sharing these pics Liza.

Menthe Blanche said...

Very nice. He has lived and worked in France near where I live.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...