Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Friday and Leslie Hindman

Happy Friday and weekend to you. I love these pieces from the upcoming Leslie Hindman auction of fine furniture and decorative arts. The Japanese tsuba are new to me, and I like them for the metal, the folk art, the geometry, and the femininity (which seems anomalous in a sword guard). I also love the Chinese tomb figure. To me she's saying, "Just try to mess with me." And the pitcher and vase are simply sweet to me.
Find out more here: Silver Handled Pitcher, Seven Tsuba, Tang Style Ceramic Tomb Figure, Eight Tsuba, Rookwood Vase

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are really beautiful! i love the folded arms, she definitely has a challenging look on her face, and it's great!

Maia said...

The sword guards are amazing! Very beautiful.

Maia said...

Are those Lake Creek horses on your banner, or where did you find them? I miss fields of horses.

liza said...

MCL and Laura, thank you! No, not Lake Creek, though we go to see them often. These are at 4 Eagle. We went to a friend's birthday there in August. While we were playing with the kids outside, they let the horses out of the corral. They seemed so happy to run to the field.

Maia said...

Ah! That's where we were married. Fond memories, of course!

jane said...

great finds! happy weekend liza!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...