Thursday, June 24, 2010

Denver Blogs

In the latest 5280, Denver's monthly what-to-do-in-Denver magazine, they listed some design blogs to check out. I thought I'd pass them on to you. But first, I want to pass on three of my favorite Denver blogs. Each is very personal and very beautiful I think they should have been in 5280, too.
First is Minutiae, Nathan Abel's blog...Nathan is a Denver artist and aerial photographer. In his blog, he writes about his own art; the Denver art scene; art, music, literature, and history that inspire him; his adventures in Colorado and more. This photo is from his recent tour of Colorado ghost towns. I'm imagining material for one of his paintings here!
Next is Une Envie de Sel, blog of Maia Larkin, illustrator, photographer, and mother of Q.. This blog is a very lovely, personal account of the upbringing of Q., of this artistic family's life in Denver, and of their travels beyond. Maia's photo collages are gorgeous. She captures the wonder of a two-year-old's life perfectly.
Finally, MODsquad... the photo diary of another young, happy Denver family, with some design finds that are right up my alley. Ice cream, bicycles, camping, and tea towels -I could spend my Summer here!
I love that I can go to each of these blogs and feel some familiarity, yet see new and beautiful views of life in Colorado. Thanks to each of these bloggers for being out there.
OK, here are 5280's choices:
If the Lampshade Fits, a very good design blog that I already visit and enjoy.
Who's Your Dacky, Interior designer Megan Hudacky's fun, knowledgeable design blog, with lots of Denver info and a great sense of humor.
Design Around Denver, which I like very much, even though she's on a break right now. Hopefully she comes back with photos and info about her own home remodel.
Finally, they featured Megan Kane of M Street Denver. Kane is a designer, real estate broker and property developer, who also has great tips and lots of information about the Denver design scene.
I'll be checking into each of these and I hope you do, too. Have a great Thursday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little bit jealous becuase you have a very very great life ;) Enjoy dear Liza!!

Love your beautiful photo & miss you on my blog!!

Agneta with love

Maia said...

Thanks so much for the mention, and also the links - I don't yet know the first blog (though of course I know ModSquad!) and am excited to explore.

isabelle said...

Such great links:)

Palmer and Co said...

Oh, Liza! How sweet you are! I'm blushing... thanks for your sweet words and for these links! Can't wait to check them all out!

Nathan said...

thanks for the kind words Liza

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...