Friday, June 4, 2010

Camping and Happy Weekend

We spent a night out last night, camping about 45 minutes from here...We loaded the truck, went off the road, and found a pretty little campsite. We enjoyed spaghetti and smores around our campfire, and a beautiful sunset. During the night (in our cozy little bitty tent) we heard an owl hooting and a pack of coyotes yelping and barking. This morning, after coffee and pancakes, we explored the area, then packed up for the short trip home. I think we'll do this often this Summer!
Thank you so much for visiting me here this week -- I've really loved hearing from you. I hope you have a beautiful weekend!

8 comments:

Cashon&Co said...

Oh, look at that view! I have yet to do this with my sons. The mosquitoes are too bad here. There's about 2 months out of the year when they are not out but now I really want to do it. I remember camping with my family and I want my kids to have those same memories. It looks like y'all had fun!

C said...

I am sooooo jelous!
I'd love to go camping!
have a wonderful weekend!
XOXO
Carmen

Arctic Mum said...

That was a very inspirational post, those mountains look amazing, talking from someone addicted to look at mountains. Now I want to camp too (snow and 3 degreed celcius so have to wait) We camped one night last summer, that was the last night of the midnight sun and we had a fantastic time. Hopefully this summer too,

Maia said...

Gorgeous! Look at those spring aspens. We'll be up there soon and I can't wait!!

Unknown said...

Dying over the cuteness that is that lego flashlight! (and the cutie wearing it too!) Looks like the best trip!

liza said...

Thanks everyone! We really do hope to go again soon. It was so much fun!

Ritva said...

what a view!
i hope to go camping too this summer- love it :)

mimi charmante said...

oh, how I do adore s'mores by the bonfire! thanks for visiting so that I could in turn find you~
have a lovely week!
xxp

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...